Monday, November 2, 2009

Where can I find...?

Since the release of 'Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence' the number one question emailed to me is 'Where can I find the rubber and heat shrink tubing for Beaded Bangles?'



followed by 'Where can I find a large holed lampwork bead?'


I've done my best to respond to each of you personally. I never mind sharing sources, but my wholesale source for the rubber has a 100ft minimum, most likely more then you might care to own.

You can find source information on my website.

And don't forget I would love pictures of those finished projects!

These are earrings done by Beverly Herman of
No Easy Beads.



And Quetzal done by Mari

5 comments:

little pony said...

where i can foud the tutorial of this amazing ring????
HI I AM IRMAPOLANCO@YAHOO.ES, AND IS AMAZING ALL YOUR CREATIONS,I LOVE IT.
PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS RING.
THANKS AND HAPPY BEADING DAY.
IRMA...

Marcia DeCoster said...

Little Pony, this ring is in my book, 'Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence'

silhouettejewel said...

Hi Marcia, My girlfriend and I were fortunate enough to go on the March Bead Cruise at the same time as you. We saw some of the earrings that came out of the Sat. class and decided then and there we were buying your book when it came out. Now its out and we have the book, but.... don't remember which earrings were in the class.
Would you be willing share with a couple of memory less followers?? LOL

thanks

Need4Beads said...

Dear Marcia,

I was as many of your readers searching for suitable rubbber tubes for the beaded bangle and found an DYI store to be an excellent source. The men looked a bit doubtful when I was wandering the department for model car supplies but there I found transparent silicon rubber tubes in all sizes (usually used as fuel tubes for the model cars).

Heat shrinking tubes are sold in every DYI store as they are basic material in many repair / construction techniques.

Maybe this information is helpful to others as well?

Btw, I would also like to mention after reading your blog now regularily for a bit over a month how much I like your insight, photos and of course your beautiful art creations.

With warm greetings from Germany
Katrin (aka Need4Beads)

artzyfartzy said...

wow that beaded ring is amazing!