Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bead Unique Tahoe Retreat

Finished! I finished the third colorway for the Tahoe retreat. I am loving the hematite and fuschia combination.

This bracelet called 'Queen Anne's Lace' is a frilly, lacey, rather organic design. It's interesting the phases one goes through in design.





I played with the ellipse and diamond shape quite endlessly and it is a very structured, geometric design. I'm teaching this as a study in the ellipse and diamond shapes at Creative Castle in October.



Where as Falling Leaves that I am teaching in Dallas is again a very organic design, although more freeform then Queen Anne's Lace.



Who knows where my next vision will lead.....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! All 3 of them. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch one of those classes next time your here!
xopatty

Maryanne said...

Love all of them, Marcia. But, the design for Creative Castle is spectacular!
Maryanne

tnahowru said...

Did Queen Ann's Lace come out in magazine yet? I can't wait to do one in gold and ruby or gold and pearl or gold and jet. ;)

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

They are all three wonderful...but the ellipse and diamond piece...oh my! ;)

abeadlady said...

Count me in for Queen Ann's Lace. It will match a new outfit I just bought perfectly. Can't wait to try it.
Arline

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I'm hoping you will have a vision lead you to come teach in Toronto one of these days, Marcia! :)

Marcia DeCoster said...

Hey Cynthia, there's been talk.....and I would love it!

Ababeads said...

Beautiful...the three are spectacular!!