Monday, August 5, 2013

easy peasy earrings coming to a bead store in Seattle!

I conceived of these earrings last fall and made somewheres near 29 pairs for Christmas gifts.  Fusion Beads asked if I had a 3 hour evening class.  I thought that cubic raw in 3mm pearls and 3mm crystals that can endlessly be changed up and can be totally unique with various accent beads would be perfect.


I especially love this pair which are very neutral.  Platinum pearls, with light gold metallic crystals and purple haze tear drops.

So if you don't have plans for Thursday night August 15th you might consider joining me.  This is a great way to learn cubic raw and end up with a fabulous piece of jewelry.

I will also teach Pacific Morning Glory, my reversible bracelet with craw bands and a quite clever clasp that lends itself to the reversibility.



Crystal Collage, which uses the properties of right angle weave to bezel and then embellish rivolis which are  'collaged' into a pleasing formation.

The weekend will end on Sunday with Cassandra which is a crazy good, versatile component We'll use it to make a bracelet but  you can use to make earrings, a ring, or a pendant!



If you haven't been Fusion Beads  it is a beautifully stocked bead store with spacious classrooms.

In case just traveling to Fusion, visiting my Seattle friends and teaching wasn't quite special enough, I will meet one of my best friends.  We go waaaaaay back and try to get together every year despite living on opposite coasts.  We've rented a lovely space and will cavort around the city taking ferries, shopping for yarn, having gourmet meals and generally enjoying ourselves.  I will be looking forward to this adventure!  We may even have to visit Molly Moons!



3 comments:

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

Those earrings are just gorgeous. Sometimes, simple is so deeply elegant. LOVE.

pamelaric said...

I would love to learn to make those earrings; however, a trip from Tucson to Seattle on the 15th is out of the question. Will you be creating a tutorial for these? I will be the first in line to pay for one! :-)
Pamela
(Tucson)

Bizzy B said...

I made 2 pairs following your earlier directions & I love them. My favorite combo is Montana AB with Lt Gray Opal AB. Very wearable.