Monday, April 5, 2010

A little bit of pretty

I stopped for a minute in the midst of kit making and deadlines and tax preparation to do a little tiny bit of beadwork for beadwork's sake. Something I don't get to do too often. I have these pretty rock crystal pendants, and I decided the palest of blues, air blue opal and silvery whites, white opal and crystal cal ab, with some grey blue pearls would all go nicely.

I started with an 11 bead wide ladder stitch and brick stitched each side down to one bead. I then connected those two end beads through the hole of the rock crystal to form a bail. Lot's of pearlescent and sparkly embellishments, and a sweet little necklace of strung pearls and crystal and voila!



In this photo it sits a top a romantic sweater that I made last year and it just so happens they look beautiful together. Since the week calls for 60 ish spring weather, I think they'll be seeing a lot of each other....

And now back to the deadline beading. The deadline is today, so finishing is imperative and I'm really really close.

6 comments:

Mikki said...

Meet that deadline, Marcia. If it's the Bead Dreams one I'm going to miss it. A stress migraine took me out of the game yesterday and there's no way I'll finish my entry in time even though I was pretty close. There's always next year, right?

Unknown said...

I had a problem with the link to enter and thought I would miss the deadline.Thanks to the Sr online programming guy- I was able to submit all my info, on time! Thanks Craig!!! We have Faith in you- alot is riding on those tires of yours. God's Speed!

Marcia DeCoster said...

So sorry Mikki that you couldn't finish, but at least you will have a beautiful piece when you do get done. I always worry when I get down to the wire on a deadline if sickness is going to be an interrupt. I try to plan on a few extra days in case of the odd headache etc, but this time I was totally down to the wire!

Rebecca said...

So beautiful Marcia, as always! I just love your gentle colour schemes - like looking at jewels through a frosted pane somehow! Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Did you say brick stitch! Tee hee.

Rachel Nelson-Smith said...

Very pretty. I'm definitely having camera envy right now just seeing how the fibers are clear even as they are seen through the pendant...