Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Electric Beads

I spent the weekend in Nashville Tennesee where I was beautifully hosted by owners of Be Dazzled, Warren and James. Each day a group of accomplished beaders were busy with Victoria and Les Perles de la Mer and each evening was accompanied by great food and excellent conversation.

Warren fascinated me with his thoughtfulness about all aspects of the design process. I wish I were close enough to participate in the twice monthly study group.

Kathleen Lyman
, a puppeteer and a stellar bead artist is a teacher at Be Dazzled. Her designs are well thought out and her workmanship is impeccable. So when she wore this incredible bracelet to class,



I decided that I would need to own it. Well, this or one of 5 others that were at the store. I narrowed it down to two, one a purple iris on lime green, which is what I may have chosen, had it not seemed so predictably me.

The bracelet is crochet and the daggers stand at full attention. It's not always easy to work with daggers so that they stand out so perfectly, but it seems crocheting them works well.

3 comments:

moonlitfantaseas said...

I love that bracelet, it reminds me of a sea flower, wish I knew how to bead crochet......

Katie said...

I'm going to have to try something like that...Now that I know how to bead crochet!

Glad you had a great time!

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

What a great bracelet!!!!!!!!!!