Thursday, May 31, 2012

Design Success

Given that long days were spent in front of the computer for the last several weeks, I used evenings to relax with beads.  I didn't have a new design in mind, in fact I was working a recent design in hopes of making it simpler to weave, thinking about different ways of going about the thread path....

After abandoning the idea, I started playing with the piece in my hand, folding it this way and that as I often do with my beadwork, and then I started stitching  and I ended up with this!
 

A pearl studded component.  And then I made more, and then I arranged them and then I connected them....and I love it!

I could connect them in a circle and make an exceptional pendant, or I could connect them as here into a bracelet, or I could connect them into a choker or I could arrange them staggered and make a really chunky bracelet or choker, or dangle one from the other....

I love it when a component excites me like this.  I love it when I don't start with a vision and something shows up that can be used in a myriad of ways. Although I love to teach, there is often the pressure of having a new class worthy design, and the fear that this time you've run out of ideas.

So having a new design, one where I can't wait to do it in a dozen different colors....Navy and silver, black, silver and mauve, maybe some of the new gemstone colors, it's an excellent feeling.  It's all crystal and pearl, barely a hint of seed beads just to hold it all together.

I know what I'll be shopping for at Bead and Button!  Pearls and more pearls!

13 comments:

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Gorgeous! I love the texture and all those pearls . . . I can't wait to see everything you do with it!

Honey from the Bee said...

Really pretty! I like the palette although it seems subdued for you. : ) Can't wait to see what pearls you find. Have fun!

Unknown said...

Wonderful beadwork!

puertoparrilla said...

Es preciosa! Me gustaría verla en colores veraniegos, tiene que quedar muy bonita.

ELLERA said...

Beautyful! Will we see it next week?

Marcia DeCoster said...

Could be Ellera...

T=MC2 said...

That would be delicious in some of the new neon pearl colours! An acid pop delight :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous textural and tactile component.. I love this particular color way too. Just beautiful !

Kepi said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Peziperli said...

A wonderful beadwork!
You have great ideas!

Petra

Jamie Lubin said...

Dear Marcia,

Happy to see you looking well and glad that you have met all your deadlines...the designs look gorgeous, can't wait till the book comes out. Hope you have a blast at Bead and Button. I hope to get there next year....but....I still can look forward to seeing you at Blanche's....thank god!

Jamie Lubin said...

Dear Marcia,

Happy to see you looking well and glad that you have met all your deadlines...the designs look gorgeous, can't wait till the book comes out. Hope you have a blast at Bead and Button. I hope to get there next year....but....I still can look forward to seeing you at Blanche's....thank god!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Hi Jamie, am hoping this bracelet will be a Blanche class.