Monday, June 9, 2014

Project vs process design

I have to say, I love many of my most recent projects and was thrilled to teach them at this years Bead and Button, but I also truly love a process class.

This years camp format gave me an extended day and folks who wanted to engage a bit beyond the actual project.

SunYoung  and sister Sue, of Ezel designs made variations to their sundial pendants and wore then home from class.  I love seeing that!



Laurel Kubbie took the time to show me her Dream Keeper vessel ring pattern, repeated 20 times and turned into a bracelet. 


I also got to see a lot of finished projects from last years master class which was a huge treat.  I continue to think of it as one of my best experiences and welcome the opportunity to do more of it.


This fall I will give my Component Design talk at the Loose Bead Society and in July of this year I will be offering a three day process format class at Creative Castle in Newbury Park.  If you've wanted to take your beadwork to a more personal level and create your own designs this class will fully engage  you in that process.  We do start with five components which are already designed and a robust playground of those components for you to play with and arrange.  I'll also provide a booklet with ideas for variations, and present a slide show each day which will explore some of the ways I design. My hope for this class is that you will come away with many new ideas for designing your own pieces and a process which allows you to continue on the path of making your own unique wearable art.

If you don't know Carole, she is one of the most welcoming bead hostesses I know and will be sure to make you comfortable.  

4 comments:

Peikkonen said...

That bracelet 0_0

Unknown said...

Marcia's class to inspire your own designs and the process to get there is absolutely the best! I took her master class last year at B&B. I would highly recommend to anyone who needs that little push to get you started.

Unknown said...

Marcia's class to inspire your own designs and the process to get there is absolutely the best! I took her master class last year at B&B. I would highly recommend to anyone who needs that little push to get you started.

SallyAnderson said...

Carole is a gem. The class sounds great.