Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I'm building a house

A wee little house, 1 inch square and maybe 2 inches high, small enough to wear as a ring, or maybe to hang as a pendant.

I'm taking a David Chatt class and I wanted to do something that would use a lot of skills and be a challenge, so size 15 craw with different interior and exterior wall colors, windows and a door and a stepped roof.

Yesterday was the second of a four day class which has been a huge treat for me.  A lovely group of beaders with David in our midst, available to help us explore, challenge and add to our skill levels, and make us think, all with a healthy dose of humor.

David brings a long a huge inventory of bits and pieces and will explain the technology of each design. I find that I am somewhat challenged in thinking in 3D and that I need to make a piece before I can cement it in my mind.  So I've made several little bits and pieces which will remind me of the direction I might take.

We have 4 days in between and I hope to put a little time in on the house, my mind was busy all night thinking through the thread paths of how I might approach the roof, and there was also a new reversible bracelet pattern that I'm thinking of.

This is pretty much the ultimate artist date to spend the time being exposed to so much brilliant work and having access to and guidance from the artist who created it.

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Rita said...

I can't wait to see what it's going to look like. I did have a 3-d pattern of a hummingbird but lost it due to a laptop crash.