Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cross medium inspiration


The bead and button show catalog has been shipped and 'A Chorus of Urchins' is on the cover. This was a collaborative piece I did with the Dallas Bead Society last year. It was entered and accepted into last years beaddreams and then was selected for the cover! I get to return to Dallas this year and look forward to a new collaboration. Ideas are starting to percolate....


The bead was originally inspired by a glass bead from Gail Crosman Moore, whose work I've loved and collected for years. Then while teaching with Dallas Lovett last year he said he had a wire piece inspired by urchin. I love cross-medium inspiration!



Waking up with a huge headache without virtue of wine or gin is entirely not fair. Here is the reason, a huge dip in barometric pressure. It seems whenever I wake up with an 'unexplained' headache vs. the explained kind, I can trace it to a change in barometric pressure. Apparently this is a known Phenomenon.... How to handle the dreaded barometric pressure headache! This did not fit into my packing plans for yesterday. These headaches tend not to respond to aspirin, execdrin, tylenol or all the usual remedies. They make me sick to my stomach and generally require some time in bed. Good thing for me I work best under pressure!






2 comments:

tnahowru said...

She is such a sweetie-pie.

Rachel Nelson-Smith said...

Wow! That is pretty neat to know about the barometric pressure. I get headaches every 2 to 3 days and just went to a neurologist to talk to him about it....