Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Travel

Last weekend I got to travel to one of my favorite stores, made that much more so by it's proximity to home. A short 3 hour early morning drive is all it takes for me to get to Creative Castle for a weekend of fun.

I listened to 'The Paris Wife' the story of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife Hadley in Paris. I enjoyed the story as it kept me company on the road.

I had one new beader Diana who was a quick study and many of my favorite repeat students.

Chris was there with her completed Carousel from Beading by the Bay. In normal Chris fashion, she took the center medallion and the parts of the bracelet strap and turned them into a stunning necklace. She also brought her famous Chris color sense to the project, putting together golden bronze and ruby crystals.




Lisa came on Sunday wearing this gorgeous ring, which is really the component from disco squares.



Creative Castle owner Carole is always gracious and we had a nice relaxed visit Saturday evening, first enjoying Indian food and later a glass of wine by the firepit.

I did a little bit of shopping,picking up some vintage rose montees, and my first pack of the new Japanese tulip needle which seems to be working out nicely with many repeat uses and not even the hint of a bend. These may be my new favorite needles.

And on Sunday......Marlene brought my second favorite dog in the world, Bailey, for a visit.



I so appreciate that Marlene will go out of her way for me to have a 'Bailey fix'

Maya seems unaffected by my love affair with Bailey, I guess as long as I don't bring him home.

No comments: