Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Studio time with friends

I particularly love a day in the studio shared with friends and I was fortunate that the wired arts girls stopped by between California shows. We spent a wonderful two evenings laughing over dinner and wine, and a long leisurely day in the studio, each working on our own work while enjoying one another's company.

We were well fortified by Mark's Belgium waffles and when we started to think about lunch he was ready with tuna melts, enjoyed in the sunshine of the veranda. By dinner I thought it might be appropriate for me to contribute and I had a plan. A google search for black bean soup recipes turned up one with canned chipotle peppers in adobe sauce. It was excellent. I accompanied it with little dishes of sour cream, deep fried strips of tortilla, and a little chopped jalapeno. Jeannette joined us and brought the blood orange sorbet and chocolate cookies.

Tracy worked on a stamped, riveted and wire wrapped heart and made it all look easy. I didn't get a photo, but I did get one of these rings she is doing. Notice the crystal? And we placed an order for some volcano briolettes that are going to be excellent with the metals.



Janice was journaling, drawing and using watercolor, no wire wrapping in the studio, but I did find these in her stash, notice the crystal?.



I began work on a book project, the last for this quarter before I begin illustration, which is certainly a shift of gears. I'm off to Beads by Blanche next week and the girls are off to BABE in Oakland California. I love the BABE show, having lived as I did for 25 years in Northern California, but there was no way to fit it in the schedule. So we go our separate ways for now, knowing we'll do it again one day.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Did I hear you mention a new book is in the works?