Wednesday, February 11, 2009

and the kitting continues....

Ready, set, Kit!

First you pick the supply list

























Then you get the kit contents from the corresponding drawer


























Then you put beads in the appropriate bag per the legend



















We made 70 kits today and we weren't too distracted. Susan announced on arriving that we had to focus, we were not to see the Tucson stash until kitting had been accomplished....I held out for the first 20 kit session and then couldn't wait any longer to bring out the lovely fire polish beads I had chosen...Everyone picked a color they were happy with and a rivoli to match and a size 8 and 15 seed bead to coordinate. We had lunch and kitted some more and then a right angle weave lesson commenced and everyone got it, they were all really quick studies and there are going to be beautiful bracelets in beautiful colorways and I'm so happy my girls love the beads. Thank you! for all of the help.

4 comments:

The bad Liz said...

How organized are you!!? I was going to say something about wine, but if I did you would hit me the next time we saw each other.....

But seriously, great organizing. I like those small drawers.

Marcia DeCoster said...

I'd like to think I was totally organized, but then you can't see the bags of kits, that say need baroque pendant, need earwires....all now on order!

There was no wine involved in the kitting of these kits...

Lisa said...

Have I told you how much I LOVE this blog????? I read you every day -- infinitely more fun than local newspapers -- and have already downloaded the Kiri shawl and ordered yarn. You may just get me back into knitting. I'm jealous I'm not there to kit (hmmmm. . . something wrong there). Will you have a kitting party when I come to visit?

Marcia DeCoster said...

Awww...that is the sweetest thing to hear
And you can bet if you come visit there would be a kitting party. See how I fool my friends into thinking it's fun! But it is, sort of at least. You get to fondle pretty little beads, while laughing among friends, not a bad way to spend a day.