Monday, February 9, 2009

Rainy Days

It's rainy in San Diego, really really rainy....and when you have a 1940's house with a flat roof, well rain can be problematic. But I love a good stormy day, with the wind whipping through the trees, a chill in the air and a rousing rain storm. Now to hope for no new leaks.


This is the view of the pepper trees from my studio. They remind me of giant willow trees on the East Coast and their branches sway in the wind. The also literally rain leaves, and make quite the mess.

A good rainy day calls for yarn so I retreated to the yarn room this morning for a little session with my Kiri shawl. There are 288 stitches and to bind off each stitch needs to be manipulated 5 times, I don't even want to do the math.....

My house tends to be mono-chromatic with yarn, beads and flowers providing the color splash





















Yes, these flowers 'grow' in beads!



















It's time for some erranding, hope I don't melt. Then some studio clean up to get ready for a huge kitting day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

How cool is that to have flowers growing in beads! I love the rainy days in New Orleans when the thunder rolls and the rain jumps up off the ground.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Ooops, technical difficulties...

Marcia DeCoster said...

What I meant to say is, no thunder and lightening here, perhaps you'll save me a good storm?

Marcia