Monday, August 15, 2011

Beading Debut

This weekend I debuted two new projects at the Beading Frenzy in San Mateo. The first time you teach a project can sometimes be a challenge so I appreciate the accomplished students that always greet me at the Beading Frenzy. This year along with many who I've known for years I was also introduced to Carol and Claire from Oregon and met facebook friend Sharon, and her friend Carol, as well as the delightful Leslie who chose to spend her 50th birthday with me!

Claire walked in wearing this stunning example of Etruscan treasure which makes me want to make it all over again. I love the beautiful blue vintage crystal she used for the center and the organically shaped pearls she studded the bands with.

Claire was also responsible for this excellent version of Quetzal, using a long twisted bugle down two of the sides and a swarovski square sequin on it's top. Beautiful work!


Here is a picture of me with Claire on the left and Carol, owner of Dancing Beads in Medford Oregon, standing in front of Beading Frenzy's wall of Swarovski Crystal!

I've often told the tale of one of Beaded Opulences most unsung designs, Serena. And again I implore you to have a second look at this project. Beader's at the Beading Frenzy have made a study of every possible colorway! And you may notice they've made it double wide. This is an 8 bar clasp with 17 units wide in the cuff and I can vouch for just how spectacular these are. Becky is responsible for the various ones you see here. Owner Susan has made two, one with Dorado crystal, soft brown seeds with a dark yellow accent, and a black on black which is amazing.

Here is Hoot posing on the stack.

And details of the silver and turquoise

and white on white
Psst....page 117 and if you need supplies call the Beading Frenzy and Susan will be happy to help you!


6 comments:

Claire Kimble said...

Your classes were everything I thought they'd be. You are so open and friendly and understand everything about where students should be. To be able to see all of your jewelry in person was amazing! I can't wait til next year. I am honored to be on the blog.

p.s. Why can't you give more stars on Amazon's review. I think your book and Maggie's - a perfect 10.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Thanks Claire, it was great meeting you as well! And thank you for the kind words.

Carol said...

What an amazing two days! I enjoyed both classes, and was so pleased with the results.

You're a wonderful teacher, Marcia. Thank you for your patience, and generosity. Getting to see your dazzling collection in person was quite a treat... so pretty, and inspirational.

Thank you to Susan, too. I'm grateful I was able to meet you both!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Marcia,
I'll be one of your students in Perlament in Bonn, can't wait !
Your work is magnificent, i'm a big fan.
Take care
Ingrid

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcia,
I'll be one of your students in Perlament in Bonn, can't wait !
Your work is magnificent, i'm a big fan.
Take care
Ingrid