Monday, August 1, 2011

Finding Balance

I find myself in the midst of deadlines, and beading for beading sake or knitting for knitting sake has fallen by the wayside.

And of course there is the Adobe Illustrator learning curve that I have been wrestling with.

I'm making great progress on that front

I am working hard to restore some balance where I will have leisurely days to contemplate design or take myself on the elusive 'artist date' which is so important to nurturing one's creative self.

I am not complaining. I am fortunate beyond measure to support myself through my hands. It was a life long dream and without too much fuss has been realized. But it is easy to get caught up in wanting to do it all, accept every intriguing engagement, say yes to every publication offer and then there is a point where you are always keeping up and the risk of the pleasure being diminished.

What helps immensely is that each thing I said yes to this year is beyond exciting from my first visit to Fusion Beads, visiting wonderful friends at the Beading Frenzy, Cruising in Alaska, teaching in Germany and ending the year at Blanches. I love it all, how would I ever choose giving any of it up. But I am trying to learn to keep new opportunities to a minimum as I move into next year and the writing of two new books.

I need to make time for the important things in life!



Smiling babies!

No comments: