Friday, August 26, 2011

Drawing beads

Yesterday I showed you Dancing Llight



Today the Dancing Light illustration



Do you see a resemblance? If it looks a little messy and crazy it's because it's the folded in half version. I can and did rotate the beads perfectly around the circle, then I cut the circle in half, reflected the top half and moved it onto the second.

Color is expensive to print, but I am just loving it too much. The drawing comes so much more alive when I use beads the color of the sample. I am sure my Alaskan cruisers will appreciate their color copies.

A funny thing has happened....I am actually getting to like drawing beads. At first I was quite sure I wasn't going to be able to cope and then little by little I learned a few tricks and now....I'm pretty darn happy with the results.

7 comments:

cw whitedogjewelry said...

Yes, I see the resemblence. The illustration makes your design so much easier to understand.
I have admired your work for some time now, it's outstanding. You are a wonderful artist, and your illustrations clear, and your use of color brings it to another level. I would love to take one of your classes someday.
Have a wonderful time on your trip to Alaska.
Thanks for your beautiful works of art.
Chris

Nissa said...

Beautiful! The illustration does resemble your beadwork and color patterns are 10X better because they look better and are easier to follow! I just bought your Beaded Opulence and I can't wait to start some projects once I'm settled with my classes.
Nissa

Honey from the Bee said...

It looks so time consuming and not like something that you'd look forward to. Glad you're enjoying it though!

It's such a great thing to have though for a class. They'll definitely appreciate the extra colors, too.

Anonymous said...

I love the color...you can see the beads and the flow of the thread so much more clearly. I think it's worth the expense and I would pay for it in the kit.

RaMary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jo said...

Wow! That must have taken you hours of work. I can definitely see the resemblence, and will be wonderful for your class.

Pareltje said...

Nicole,

This design is so beautiful !!!
And the drawing under the photo is eventing me to give this a try..
So maybe i will give it a go.

Thank you for sharing !!

greetings from Belgium,
Carine ( pareltje)