Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where have I been?

Where have I been? Turns out that catching up from being sick two weeks is taking a big toll on my schedule. There were plans for all those days that didn't get done and now there are plans for these days which must absorb those days.....but it's working out. On top of that add my desire to put on those sneakers and walk daily, the blog has been ignored.

So what's new? Beading by the Bay is almost sold out, only three slots left, so if you're on the fence about taking time out of your schedule for a fabulous long weekend of beading, now is the time to decide. Susan and I are working on some fabulous prizes, Maggie Jean and I are putting together your kit choices, Ron Rock will be giving the Swarovski trend presentation and we're putting together a wonderful little surprise package for you.

Bead and Button show registration opened yesterday and The Rising Sun was this years popular project posting a sold out sign early.




I'm teaching 6 classes over 7 days, one with the Bad Liz, so I hope I will have a chance to see many of you there, if not in class then wandering the halls, or at our favorite haunt, the Chophouse.

I'm planning a succulent container garden and we went shopping for succulents this past weekend. So far they are on the patio table providing the backdrop for a photoshoot, but we have 3 pretty containers to plant them in.




This rivoli is bezeled with a new technique that I was shown by Jane Tyson in Australia. The bezel was destined for another project but didn't work out so I added it to this for a simple little pendant. The 'real' project is a nights worth from finishing and I hope tonight is the night. I'm in love with it.

I leave you with the beauty of last nights sunset!

9 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

What a beautiful pendant! The colors are gorgeous and compliment the rivoli so beautifully. Just gorgeous!!

Lisa said...

Just fabulous. So when will you be teaching the new bezel technique. I want to be the first on the list. I love how you made the pendant holder (triangle)thingy. I'm not sure what they are called. Do you have a pattern or can you instruct me where to learn how to make one? I love you work and cannot wait till your next class at creative castle.

Lisa

Terri said...

I don't know why, but I can't see the pictures you posted! Any ideas?

Bizzy B said...

I'm having the same problem as Terri & would love to see them.

Marcia DeCoster said...

BizzyB, Terri and Lexi, can you let me know if you can see the photos now?

Marcia DeCoster said...

Lisa the bezel is a peyote square folded in half. Directions can be found in Diane Fitzgeralds shaped beadwork. The bezel, well....first I have to remember how I did it

Bizzy B said...

Marcia, thanks. I can now see the pictures & very beautiful are they. I'm one of the lucky (& fast on the draw) persons that got into your Rising Sun class & am I ever looking forward to June.

Mar BisuterĂ­a said...

fantastico, sobre todo la pulsera me gusta muchisimo

Lisa said...

I have her book. I guess I should pay less attention looking at all the pics and start to really look at the instructions more.

Thanks