I was kind of thinking that hitting a 1,000 posts would be a milestone, but then I totally missed it! So this is post 1,002 since the blog started.
and what could be cuter then the pom pom headband that I made to go with Malayna's latest sweater! I cast on 6 stitches, and used seed stitch to match the button bands and trim on the sweater. I thought about using a provisional cast on and kitchener to join, but in the end I did the lazy thing and sewed a seam once I reached the 17 inches I wanted. A pom pom maker was a big help with the pom pom.
Can't wait to hold the little one next week and get her to model Grandma's latest contribution to her girly wardrobe.