Thursday, December 15, 2011

Santa Cruz

We are in the process of creating new traditions.....this is second year of renting a beach cottage in Santa Cruz where Mark and I met and raised our three children.

It's a light filled and nicely amenity'd place to stay, although I do bring a few things from home...cloth napkins, plates, my favorite coffee cup, my favorite cocktail glass, a down comforter with duvet....just so I feel at home.

We had an uneventful drive, leaving at 4:30 a.m. and arriving at lunch time. We settled in, grocery shopped, had a wander downtown and walked on the ocean. The ocean is more powerful here, and it's cold, different from the mild climate in San Diego.

Now we're tucked in for the evening, Miss Maya cuddled up next to me on the couch and salmon marinating in teriyaki sauce (one of the Santa Cruz memories from the Fish Lady in Capitola)

I'm surrounded by beads which I'll show you in the morning...I have a new favorite bag, and I've brought four of them along, filled with all my favorite tools and beads and my sketchbook filled with ideas.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

Terry from Alaska said...

Relax and enjoy; Are you staying through the holidays with family?I'm leaving soon to do Christmas with my husband at a remote cabin for the holidays.

Terry from Alaska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Sounds so cosy and you seem to have made it homey.

Gabri said...

Sounds all delicious and ....thank you :))

moonlitfantaseas said...

I am jealous! My ex grew up in Santa Cruz, and I always thought it would be a great place to grow up, hope you have a great time there!

debb said...

:)

cw whitedogjewelry said...

Enjoy!
Chris

Tia Dalma said...

I love the Ocean in the northern parts of Californa...I am from San Francisco but have not been back in more than 20 years...maybe even longer. And we lived briefly in Santa Barbara...what a difference from the cold, foggy San Francisco!

But the Atlantic is so warm compared to the Pacific. With Hurricane season here, the water stays warm...and I mean really warm, until late November. Even sometimes in December it's still much warmer than the air!

I love the Ocean from every vantage point, but it is really beautiful from the cliffs in Northern California!

Have a great time at the Beach House with you family and your beads!