Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Although we no longer go all out, I did manage a few Christmasy touches.

There was a day we had both a Hummel manger and a full on Department 56 Christmas village, complete with lampposts, peppermint candy lanes, snow and the like. Perhaps some day when grand babies are old enough to enjoy it, we'll revisit those days.

For now I keep things simple.

The stockings are hung on the drawers with care...

Presents are wrapped under the tree

Ornaments adorn this unconventional tree
and an ornament garland rests before the reindeers of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...'




Mark will be making a Christmas breakfast of German pancake, and we'll have a relaxing day. Wishing each of you the day and year of your dreams!

7 comments:

Gabri said...

What's the difference between German and Dutch pancakes? I love Dutch pancakes with bacon in it and 'appelstroop' on top....
We are off for a Turkey dinner at a friends' house in Atlanta. Have a wonderful day!

flyingbeader said...

I didn't put a tree up this year again. Instead we did a snowman extravaganza. The presents were around a Christmas tree doll that a friend had made for me several years ago. But the best part was going out to dinner with some of my large family. Now off to work.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Gabriella, Pannakoken is flat, German poufs up like a Yorkshire pudding...it is done in the oven, lovely

Jamie Lubin said...

I want to know how you made it snow on your blog! Lauren loved her ring....I think I am going to sit and bead all day. I'm going to make Marcia earrings....merry christmas dear Marcia!

Mari said...

Feliz Navidad!

The Four of Us said...

@ Jamie, google blog snow effect, there is a bit of html code which you add to a gadget.

The Four of Us said...

@ Dot, I love the Christmas tree doll, have to be inventive!