Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lundberg Studios

I met Mark in 1984 and in that year on my birthday he gave a vase from Lundberg studios in Davenport California.

27 years later we have made many visits to Lundberg, this year included. This years vase is one of my favorite shapes for flowers and I love the coloration and frosted glass between the decorative stripes.


And the beautiful purple and turquoise luster that changes in different light and at different viewing angles.


I'm trying to think of what flowers would suit this vase best? Although it will also look beautiful on it's own.

Today is my sparkly nail party with granddaughter's Sam and Oli. I've got some new dark blue with silver glitter! or should I do gold nails with red glitter for Christmas and save the blue for New Years?

8 comments:

Mari said...

Marcia esa base es gorgeous!!!! los colores hermosos!!

Helen said...

Beautiful lustered glass - thanks for sharing.

Gabri said...

I think blue for Christmas and red for New Year. :))

Skye said...

What a beautiful vase! I think either white orchids or at least a solid color flower arrangement ( with a bit of greenery of course) so the arrangement doesn't distract from the vase :)

Marcia DeCoster said...

White orchids, yes! And since I was still on the fence I'll with the blue for Christmas suggestion.

Tia Dalma said...

I love that vase! Any flowers will look beautiful in that...and of course it is lovely on it's own!

And I think any combination of sparkly nails is fun and festive, especially painting them with your Grand Daughters! But I have always lovedblue nail polish!

Sian Nolan said...

How about delicate Sweet Peas for your vase? x

Sian Nolan said...

How about delicate Sweet Peas for your vase? x