Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Finished!

Here is Malayna's latest sweater.....and darn cute if I do say so myself.



It was a really easy top down knit with a raglan sleeve and a built in button band. No seaming required! My kind of knit, especially for such a darling result. It was a pattern I found on revelry, called tiered baby coat (or jacket). It as well written and when an update was available sizing it up to toddler sizes, the link to the updated pattern was sent to me free. I call that good customer service!

My goal is that Malayna have one beautiful grandma knit at every stage of growth, until she begs off of course....they do get a mind of their own about what to wear at some point. But next up is a lacy knit dress. I think dresses are so darling once they start to walk, which she is busy working on, having taken four steps from Mom to Dad this week.

Tomorrow the long awaited blog hop.....today, illustration.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh, that is so precious. And it will be a precious memory in later years. My grandmother use to tat edging on cotton slips for me. Sadly, no one thought to keep them as I grew. But the memory is still there! :)

Mari said...

the cutiest!!! Hermoso!!!

Jamie Lubin said...

Marcia,
Love all your posts of precious knits for your darling cutie. I still have everything I ever knit, crocheted and cross stitched for my boys. Now at 17 and 13 the only thing they like are funky scarves...oh well...next thing I want to make, after I finish all of your kits that I ordered , is a poncho for me. Yippee!!

Helen said...

Cute it is!

Marcia DeCoster said...

@ Jamie, do you have a poncho pattern....brings back 1970's memories and my love of ponchos. Would love to see what you are up to.

LUCY said...

Precioso.....

Shai Williams said...

I have to chuckle as my days are confuddled also. I could swear that today is wednesday. Please enter me in your drawing.

Unknown said...

What a lucky little lady to have you to knit for her! That ensemble is precious! & I love your idea of knitting something for her at all her stages. What wonderful keepsakes they'll be for her!