Monday, May 18, 2009

Blue Monday

So I said I wouldn't....no, definitely I don't have the time to participate in COLOR week, I just can't, but then I had to go look and see what Beverly did and what Lisa did and then on Lisa's site I found something I'd been looking for...how to make photo mosaics, so I just had to try it

So I searched my photos for some random blue and here is what I came up with....



Way more learning curve will be required, this is a mix of things that were already in my flicker account and some I uploaded from my computer. There is apparently the ability to put 36 images into a mosaic, but adding more then 3 from my computer stumped me. I do think this whole process deserves some attention when I have a bit more time to spare.

But for now, I need to finish writing some directions, sew up some table displays, pack up some kits and remember to take some time and truly appreciate how fortunate I am to be doing this work that I love.

11 comments:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Oooo, Oooo, Ooooo - you are so blue! Yeah - I'm so glad you decided to play!

Laura said...

Gorgeous blue pieces Marcia!! I might have to 'play' too!

I WANT the bracelet on the lower left, and it's even made in one of my all time favorite bead color combos!!! :-)

Dagmar said...

Hi Marcia, I've found your blog. What stunning things you make. Need to find the time (guess that's an issue when you're blogging) to check it all out. Your mosaic turned out wonderful. Keep up the spirit. Dutch hugs.

tnahowru said...

oh tooo koooooollllll.

lisa said...

these are beautiful! I'm glad you decided to join us. and you'll be a mosaic queen before you know it!

LifeIsArt said...

I love your blues and I am trying to figure out the whole mosaic thing myself! Yours is great!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

Your blues are so sweet and delicate! I love your bracelets, so pretty!

Chris said...

So pretty and delicate. What a lovely collection of blues :)

Anonymous said...

wow what stunning jewellery!

Unknown said...

And the work WE love. Thanks for sharing!
Love the Mrs.Beeton's (of course). I'm sure you knit that sweater, BEAUTIFUL! Nice touch with the button.

xopatty

coolmoon said...

It's only Tuesday and I'm LOVING COLOR WEEK! All the choices by you, and Beverly and everyone have given me so many ideas. And I totally agree with your 'taking time to be thankful'. I do a prayer of thanks EVERYDAY for the success of my little shop, that is more than a little passion for me. I'm glad I'm able to do what I do, and hope I am able to do it on a LARGER scale, and become a more popular successful part of the beading community in the future. Raise your coffee mugs to beads! and Color Week!