Saturday, May 23, 2009

May Gray....

Yep, no beautiful sunrise to greet my mornings, just an overcast sky. When I first moved to San Diego I thought it odd that we had so many overcast days in a row, then I became familiar with the name May Gray, which is followed by June Gloom. Then I knew, if it was a named weather phenomenem then it probably was a frequent occurrence. Yep, every year you can count on it. I miss my mornining's being greeted by a beautiful sunrise silhouetting the palm tree in my window. But as the day moves on the sun reveals itself, the temperature is San Diego perfect, the nights are cool but not too cool, the birds chirp, the flowers thrive and it's a nice prelude to the hotter days of summer. For a girl who likes drama in her weather I have to take whatever differentiation in conditions I can get.

In celebration of May Gray


Mother of Pearl Rose Garden

MoonLit Rising
Les Perles de la Mer




And now back to the previously scheduled plan for the day, kitting. Such a familiar refrain, it will be nice to do something a little different. But for now, the Bead and Button preparation continues. Soon however I will be there among many friends and a large quantity of awe inspiring beadwork.

4 comments:

Dagmar said...

LOVE these colors combined. Say hi to Beverly for me when you see her will you? (I'll bet she will look surprised). Have fun during the bead and button show.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Marcia,
Gorgeous creations as always!!! And love your depth of white.

Becca said...

Wish I was going with you to Bead and Button!!! Maybe next year!!! Your designs are just beautiful. Have a wonderful time at the Show.
Becca

Becca said...

Wish I was going with you to Bead and Button!!! Maybe next year!!! Your designs are just beautiful. Have a wonderful time at the Show.
Becca