Thursday, May 21, 2009

Red and Pink

Although I love pink and it is often the color of my hair, I find very little red surrounds me. I do have a love of red shoes, but no great ones in the wardrobe at the moment, having worn out my lace up red Kenneth Coles after endless wearings.

Today, I show you Kiri, another of my lace shawls, in Rowan's silk mohair



And Spun Crystal a piece in the fabric chapter of 'Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence'It is light Siam 2x ab, because what's a crystal if itn's not 2x ab!



No fancy mosaics today, husband Mark required some serious one on one time if we're to get the new website up and running, a decidedly good goal for the coming days.

I continue the steps necessary to show up at Bead and Button prepared. Although I occassionally dream that not only did I forget to take instructions to a teaching engagement, but I forgot to write them, as of yet, that has never happened.

9 comments:

Katie said...

As long as you don't dream about showing up without instructions (or ever having written them) AND naked, you are still ahead of the game :o)

I know what you mean about liking some colors but just not having a lot of it around...I have a LOT of blue and green, but not so much with the oranges and reds of the world...

But, you keep posting such nice pretties and teasing everyone with goodies from your new book - I am so excited to see what it looks like!

kendalee said...

Beautiful shawl!

parisa mahmoudi said...

I love the color of that crystal!Great!!! :)

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Gorgeous shawl!

And, as I was sending all my instructions over to Kinkos this morning, I realized that I had forgotten to write up instructions for 1 of my classes!!! The nightmare came true - but at least I didn't realize this a week from now...

LifeIsArt said...

I love that pink shawl. Soo pretty!

lisa said...

one of my all-time favorite things in life: a strong beautiful woman with pink hair.

Anonymous said...

that shawl is so pretty

Heather Powers said...

I have those kind of dreams too about the bead cruise!

Love the dash of pink for today, the color week has been inspiring and fun to follow along.

Chris said...

Beautiful pinks and reds. I just want to reach out and touch that shawl!

Thanks so much for sharing with us all this week. Your photography is incredible!:)